Peace In The Chaos-Talk It Over
Talk about some of the blessings you have experienced while going through this Corona Virus situation.
“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” –Philippians 4:4-7
“Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ.” –Philippians 1:12-13
“About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose. The jailer woke up, and when he saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself because he thought the prisoners had escaped. But Paul shouted, ‘Don’t harm yourself! We are all here!’ The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’” -Acts 16:25-30
First, Read through our Key Scriptures.
1. Have you found reasons to rejoice during these trying times? If so, share.
- What if we don’t feel that we have something to rejoice about?
- What are some things we can always rejoice about?
2. Pastor James talked about looking at the big picture of any situation.
- What do you think that means?
- What are the benefits of looking at the big picture?
3. Have you taken the time to ask God what He wants to do in and though you during this unprecedented time in your life? If so, talk about what He has impressed on you and how you are carrying that out.
4. Life situations – good or bad – give us the opportunity to advance the gospel.
- How have you been able to do that during this time of social distancing
Paul says to rejoice – to praise God. Let’s praise him not only for the things he’s done for us, but for who He is, for all his wonderful characteristics and rejoice no matter what the situation.